Run Of The Mill PricebookAre you new to having logs sawn or lumber dried/milled? Have questions on how the process works? We can help. Our What To Expect page is a good place to start. We also have a Frequently Asked Questions page to help you understand the process better. Also Contact Us for more information.
Do you need custom designed wood furniture? We have our own local artisan designer/craftsman who can work with you to build the custom, heirloom furniture you have always wanted. Learn about the process and see the possibilities!
If you are new to saw milling and millwork, figuring out what you need done, what it will cost, how long it will take, etc can be confusing. We work with people new to this type of service very frequently. Each person's job is different. We pride ourselves in being able to explain what we do and in offering helpful suggestions to our customers. Send us a note describing what you are considering and we can help! The services pricing is a la carte for each step. We can do as much or as little as you want.
- Logs to Flooring/Paneling Full Service Package
- Do you have some logs that are special to you? Bring us your logs and we'll do the rest! We will turn your logs into custom flooring and/or paneling. Mix and match sizes; this includes wide plank flooring. Your total cost is $6/square foot for the finished flooring/paneling. At an extra cost we can also pick up and deliver the logs and/or finished flooring for $2.00/round trip mile.
- Sawmill Service
- Located south of Mankato MN 56001. Cut to order. $70/hr. 3 hour minimum. Blade charges: $30/band used. If the logs are clean and without embedded metal, the daily use is approximately 1 to 2 bands/day. Small jobs can be done while you wait.
- Portable Sawmill Service
- Custom, Onsite Sawing. Cut to order. $70/hr. 3 hour minimum. $2/mile roundtrip mileage charge from Mankato MN. Blade charges: $30/band used. If the logs are clean and without embedded metal, the daily use is approximately 1 to 2 bands/day.
- Express Vacuum Kiln Drying
- $1.00/Bdft for lumber less than 2" thick; $1.50/Bdft for lumber 2" thick and greater. 250 bdft minimum. There are additional handling charges for boards that individually weigh more than 100 lbs. Thicker lumber may require 2 passes through the kiln to dry. For extremely thick pieces that require more than 2 passes through the kiln to dry, each additional pass required after the 2nd will be charged at the above rate.
- Straight line rip: $0.35/linear ft
- Single-side plane (1 face): $0.35/square ft (one pass through the planer)
- Four-side plane/molding (tongue and groove flooring/paneling, moldings, etc): $1.75/square ft
Note: Small 4 sided molding jobs less than 250 sqft may be charged a setup fee depending on the desired profile.
For flooring/paneling the following steps need to be completed:
- Cutting to blanks
- Kiln Drying
- 2 sided skip plaining
- 4 sided final molding
Payment in full is expected upon pickup. Contact us for more information on our inventory and pricing.
Visit our Live Edge Slabs Page to see our current selection of Live Edge Slabs.